In partnership with parents and the community, students will graduate with the skills needed to be career ready.
The Sanford Independent School District is a public school district originally organized in 1928 and based in Sanford, Texas. However, Sanford and the new neighboring town of Fritch (1933) become incorporated in 1956 and the district offices were moved into Fritch. The district name was officially changed to the Sanford-Fritch Independent School District in 2005.
The district encompasses slightly more than 33 square miles. It is located in the heart of the Panhandle oil field, along the southeast shore of Lake Meredith. In addition to Sanford and Fritch, the district serves the rural areas in southwestern Hutchinson County along with small portions of Carson and Moore counties which also lie within the district.
The SFISD is accredited by the Texas Education Agency and provides quality education for Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade. The SFISD also partners with Frank Phillips College in Borger, Texas to offer students dual-credit and college credit courses. The SFISD is currently served by three campuses: Sanford-Fritch Elementary School, Sanford-Fritch Junior High School, and Sanford-Fritch High School.
Welcome to the new www.sfsd.net. SFISD has partnered with Edlio to launch a new website for the district. If you get to any "Coming soon" pages, please forgive our mess as we work diligently to finish the transition.