TITLE 1 SCHOOL-PARENT-STUDENT COMPACT (AGREEMENT) 2018-2019
Administration, teachers, and entire staff of
Sanford-Fritch Elementary will work to ensure that:
- YOUR CHILD receives high-quality content and instruction which will be provided in a supportive, safe and effective learning environment in order for him/her to meet Texas’ student academic achievement standards and strive to be a life-long learner:
- All subject areas are based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) These can be found at https://tea.texas.gov/index2.aspx?id=6148
- SFISD follows the TEKS Resource System curriculum for core subjects (Math, ELAR, Science and Social Studies)
- Technology is incorporated for Math and Reading through Path Blazer and interactive white boards from PK-5th grades.
- Teachers use Thinking Maps and the Fundamental Five to aid instruction and student understanding
- Communication with parents will be through email, Remind 101, phone calls and/or written communication in take home folders.
- Parent-teacher conferences are generally held once a year in the Spring Semester.
- Parent-teacher conferences are typically held during teachers’ conference periods or after school by appointment.
- To request a parent-teacher conference, simply send a note with your child, email your child’s teacher, or call the office (397-0159) and leave a message for your child’s teacher.
- Frequent reports on YOUR CHILD’S progress will be provided to you:
- Progress reports every three weeks.
- Report cards every six weeks
- Beginning, middle and end of the year assessments
- STAAR reports as grade appropriate
- NWEA Assessment Reports
- On-line Grade Book Parent Portal
- YOU have reasonable access to staff:
- You may contact a teacher via email, or by leaving a message with the office (397-0159)
- Please call 806-397-0159 and make an appointment if you wish to see the Principal or Assistant Principal.
- YOU are welcomed as a volunteer in the school:
- We realize that you are partners in your child’s education. If you are interested in volunteering in the school, please contact the SF Elementary office at 397-0159 and leave your name and phone number. The office staff will notify the PTO president who will contact you and explain the process of becoming a volunteer.
- If you don’t wish to participate through the PTO you may check in with the office staff and they will go through the process with you.
- Either process will include a criminal history check.
– We are depending on YOU to:
- Have your child at school each day on time and prepared for the days learning activities
- Help your child develop a positive attitude about school
- Ensure that your child follows school rules
- Support your child to master information and skills
- Be involved with homework
- Talk with your child about school and his/her activities
- Read with and to your child and let them see you read
- See that your child is well-rested and well-nourished
- Maintain good communication with teachers and staff
- Help your child at home learning basic math facts appropriate to his/her grade level
- Check your child’s back pack/school folder each evening for important information
- Subscribe to your child’s teachers Remind Account to keep up with classroom news
– We are depending on YOU to:
- Come to school every day ready to learn
- Be prepared for class – homework complete
- Respect and listen to your teachers (substitutes included)
- Have a positive attitude
- Practice math facts and memorize them
- Read books and/or magazines outside of school time
- Give all notes/folder you may receive at school to an adult in your home
- Give maximum effort to your education at all times
We hope that you will join with us this year to provide the very best education for your son or daughter. Overwhelming evidence shows that when YOU are involved and engaged in the education of your child and give him/her the support necessary to make good decisions about progress made at school, he/she will be more successful, perform better, and go on to higher education.
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO EDUCATE YOUR CHILD.